Saturday, August 13, 2011

Summah-time

Most mothers of school-age children are counting the days until the kids go back to school, or maybe they've already taken the obligatory first-day-of-school pics and sent them on their way.  I, on the other hand, am one of those crazy moms who actually likes summer.  Yes, I am not looking forward to school starting.  Gasp!  Shriek!  Zoiks!  I know, I've lost my mind, right?  Actually, it really boils down to a little thing called laziness.  I like not having to get up in the morning and quickly herd everyone out the door, barely managing to make the bus on time.  I like not having to pack lunches every.single.day.  I like the relaxed schedule, although summer is sometimes as busy as the school year, but not quite.  I hate the impossibility of school year activities.  There's never enough time, with sports, music lessons, school activities, church activities and homework.  Summer is the crack-free, sober version of the school year.

Now, I didn't say that I love how my adorable angels kids fight.  Or hearing "I'm bored!" 20 times/day.  Or feeling like I have to take them somewhere or do something with them, just so the guilt doesn't set in.  Those are summer travesties I can certainly do without.  I love them dearly, but a break from their ever-so-sweet little faces is definitely nice sometimes.  And, with that, we are going to enjoy the rest of what summer has to offer, even if it is a whole lot of nothing.  Remember that laziness thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment