Monday, September 19, 2011

Manic Monday

As I sit here with yet another maintenance man in my house, I have even more time to ponder the things in my life which I am so happy and thankful to have.  Happy Monday, y'all!


THE CROCK POT

The crock pot and I have become good buddies.  It is an absolute Godsend on those crazy days when we have activities until 7:00 PM.  I love that I can just throw all kinds of goodies in it in the morning, and an edible and delicious meal appears in the evening.  It's like magic!  Ta-Da!  Love, love, love it!  And, now we have the Crock Pot Girls on Facebook (or www.crockpotgirls.com), so I am getting all kinds of new and great recipes.  I tried this one (Beef Stroganoff with Cream Cheese) last week.  It is not exactly low fat/low calorie, but I did use reduced-fat cream cheese.  Everyone loved it (and that includes the kids, which is huge).  I even bought myself a new crock pot last week.  I had been using one that Mark bought before he met me, so it was at least 17 years old.  It works fine, and I am keeping it on hand, just in case I need it for a chili cook-off or some other event.
slow-cooker.jpg



DOWNY WRINKLE RELEASER

This stuff saves my bacon on a daily basis.  If you hate ironing and haven't tried this, I am highly encouraging you to do so.  It may be terrible for the environment or cause animals to have two headed babies, but I don't care.  I am only concerned about my children getting out the door looking only slightly disheveled each morning.  Seriously, though, I do love this stuff.  I often use it as I am taking clothes out of the dryer, especially uniform bottoms.  It keeps me from having to break out the ironing board.  I am a terrible housewife.  

300.JPG.jpg


WASABI AND SOY SAUCE ALMONDS

Wasabi & Soy Sauce Almonds

These are my newest go-to snack.  I  ♥ them.  A lot.  Thank you to my good friend, Jody, for introducing them to me.  Tasty and good for you...the perfect treat!  Of course, if you don't like a little zing on the taste buds, then you won't like these.  Give 'em a try and see.  I think I should get paid for this free advertising.


Hafa Adai and Happy Monday!




1 comment:

  1. Love crockpot meals as well! I will definitely try the recipe you posted.

    Take care,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete